- Precise flow control
- No moving parts or power requirements
- Stainless steel construction ensures durability
- Anti-clogging design significantly reduces clogging and maintenance
- Integral by-pass door allows access for cleaning
- Flexible design fits multiple applications
- Laboratory verified stage discharge curves provide predictable results
- Manufactured from corrosion resistant stainless steel construction
Contech Vortex Valves provide an exceptional solution to precisely control flow from stormwater drainage, detention and infiltration systems. Custom designed valves provide adaptable flow control during the course of a storm, allowing efficient use of storage and significant reduction in peak flow.
Contech Vortex Valves allows a larger physical flow path which significantly reduces the risk of blockage. The design of the Vortex Valve produces a unique head / discharge relationship which allows self-activation by utilizing the upstream hydraulic head. The unit consists of an intake, a volute and an outlet. The flow is directed into the volute tangentially and it forms a vortex that reduces the peak flow rate.
During low flow conditions, water enters the Vortex Valve and passes through the volute with negligible pressure drop. During high flow conditions, a swirl flow pattern is developed which creates an air filled core. This creates resistance and throttles the flow through the unit and thus creating a back pressure upstream of its discharge. In addition, during high flow rates, the device acts like a conventional orifice but due to the larger physical flow path, the Vortex Valve will not get clogged up by smaller waste.